Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 77 of 77

Thread: Appalachia reinforcements?

  1. #71
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    Get into them, lock-up and drive. But it looks like those days are gone.

  2. #72
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    Yeah...and alot of running games with it. IMO that is the type of play you have to have to beat the more athletic, finesse based teams from regions a&b. After all, when teams from this area went away from the physical type play, the titles went with it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #73
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    The Appy titles...The Jones, Jackson's , Matt Stidham , I loved watching those teams. That was part of the Appy/PV thing. Everybody knew them or their parents, uncles, something. They would knock their brains out Friday, but it didn't carry past that.

  4. #74
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    What was it Phil taught back in the day? Lower man wins the battle? Put your shoulder pad on his thigh pad and drive? Seems like I remember that anyway. I could be wrong.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  5. #75
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    Hey, I'm just a fan, ...must be a dumb one from the comments I draw(and that ain't aimed at you). But I know enough family from both towns that it was fun to watch.

  6. #76
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    That's what Coach Jones taught all of his linemen and emphasized for the undersized ones (which were many)...and it worked for 7 titles.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #77
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Appalachia reinforcements?

    Well, at least I got the gist of it right. lol
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •